This Week's Events & Info
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Due to the airlines cancelling their flight and rescheduling it for today, Pastor Mike and Kaye were not able to fly home from Florida yesterday, as they had planned. They are enroute home this morning.
Our special thanks to Mark Hoeckele for presenting today’s message from God’s Word. In addition to leading our Worship Team, overseeing our young adult ministries, and serving on our Pastor’s Advisory Council, Mark is a frequent Countryside Bible teacher who, vocationally, owns and operates Frame Maker II, a commercial picture framing business in Feasterville. He and his wife, Robin, live in Oakford.
This Tuesday evening (Oct 27), at 7:00, everyone is invited to join-in on our weekly, 40-minute Zoom prayer meeting. For help with joining, talk with our prayer meeting host, Hannah.
This Saturday (Oct 31), don’t forget to change your clocks … back one hour, gain one hour!
Next Sunday morning (Nov 1), we look forward to sharing Communion during our Worship Service.
Our US General Election is just over one week away (on Tue, Nov 3) … probably the most important election in our lifetime. Let’s all mark this date on our calendars, plan to vote, and let’s be praying.
Ministry leaders … a reminder of our LEAD meeting tonight (Oct 25), at the Strongs’ home, beginning at 5:00p with a pizza and salad dinner. Be sure to let Nancy know (267-934-6383) how many pizza slices you would like … And please note that 2021 Budget Planning Worksheets have been placed in your mail file. Please complete and hand in yours by Sunday, Nov. 8 (in two weeks).
Our Thanksgiving Eve Service will be held in one month – on Wed., Nov. 25, at 7:30p (the night before our nation’s holiday). This is a very special time of thanking and praising God together for all that He has done for us. Our evening will include singing and special music, and a presentation of the gospel. There will also be open times for sharing our own personal words of praise and thanks. It’s the perfect way to begin this year’s holiday season, and a great night for family and friends to visit with us.
During our Thanksgiving Eve Service – in addition to open times, personal notes to God will be read. If you would like to write one for Pastor Mike to read in the service, just fill out a “Note to God” paper (on the Welcome Table), and place it in the basket.
This holiday season, our church family is again participating in Operation Christmas Child (organized by Samaritan’s Purse). We will be sending Christmas gift boxes to children in other parts of the world – boxes that will include the good news of salvation through Jesus. All our gift boxes must be collected by Nov. 22 (in one month). For more information talk with Deb; also, there is literature on the back table.
Currently in Belayers (our Sunday morning Bible class), Randy Dockens is leading the group in an interactive three-month study, entitled: What Makes Your Beliefs More Valid Than Anyone Else’s? The class begins at 9:00, with a fellowship and prayer time. Everyone who is middle school age and older is welcome to attend.
For a printable version of our complete October church calendar, CLICK HERE .
To those who cannot be with us at the Hall on Sundays, we hope you will join us via Zoom, at 10:30, for our worship time and a message from God’s Word.
We are no longer providing a printed Sunday bulletin. Instead…
- We are utilizing this page, in our website’s (password protected) Church Family Stuff section. Also, every week, on our Church Family Stuff page, attendance and giving updates will be available. And, every month, our current Prayer Requests list and church calendar (printable “refrigerator” version) will be available on our Church Family Stuff page. This change – if we can make the adjustment and go with it, can be a new and better way for us to do things. It will significantly reduce our annual printing costs. Also, since most of us always have our smartphones with us, current church family life information will always be at our fingertips!
- Also, every Sunday on our Welcome Table, there is a Welcome to Countryside! handout available for any visitors we might have, and there are Message Notes sheets, for anyone interested in taking notes during our Sunday messages.
Would you like to have an icon link to our church website on your computer desktop, or on your smartphone or tablet home screen? Having one makes using our website much faster and easier! Learn how to do it from How-To Geek! To add our icon shortcut to your Windows 10 desktop PC, CLICK HERE . To add our icon to any kind of smartphone or tablet home screen, CLICK HERE .
Currently on Sunday mornings, due to the Covid-19 pandemic…
- If you have flu symptoms, please join our service on Zoom, from home. Pastor Mike’s 10:30 AM messages are being streamed live. To join in on Zoom, email us at: email@example.com .
- If you’ve been traveling, please follow applicable PA quarantine requirements.
- Always wear your mask inside (elementary school-age and older), except for when you’re leading in front.
- Stay 6 ft. from others who are not part of your family or living in your household.
- Seating during our meetings: Please place your family’s/ household’s group of chairs so they are facing the podium, 6 ft. (but not more than 6 ft.) from all other chairs. We want to sit sufficiently distanced, but as close together as possible
- No nursery or special children’s programming is being provided at any of our church meetings at this time.
- Just before our 10:30 service, there is a 9:30 (not 9:00, as usual) Prayer & Fellowship time for everyone who is middle school-age and older.